SIMPLE brand #87 - Melina Palmer: What Your Employees Need and Can't Tell You
In this week’s episode of the SIMPLE brand podcast, I talk with Melina Palmer, author of What Your Employees Need and Can't Tell You!
Melina is CEO of The Brainy Business, where she provides behavioral economics training and consulting to businesses all around the world.
She's the host of The Brainy Business podcast.
And she's the bestselling author of two books devoted to behavioral economics. In her latest book, What Your Employees Need and Can’t Tell You, she helps readers better understand how the human brain works and how the human brain adapts to change. But, more importantly, Melina explains how your employees adapt to change.
Melina and I talk through her roadmap to help you reduce any friction related to instilling organizational change. We also explore how to ensure that you can get your employees on board with any change in the simplest way possible.
Some of the topics we discuss include:
- Why it’s difficult for leaders to instill and implement change in their organizations
- Leaders need to consider all the little changes their employees make, not just the big ones
- How leaders can find out what drives and motivates their employees
- Instead of eliminating biases, leaders should look for where they can work with existing biases
- Investing time upfront to look at the right problem will help you instill change more easily
- How you present change is just as important as how you develop the change, so you must take time to craft that communication
- Melina’s “It’s Not About the Cookie” framework to help leaders deliver change
- Using simpler language to frame a change helps people more easily buy into change
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Melina's site
- Melina's book - What Your Employees Need But Can't Tell You
- Melina's book - What Your Customer Wants and Can't Tell You
- Melina's podcast - The Brainy Business
ENJOY THIS EPISODE HERE
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Amazon
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Pandora
- Listen on iHeartRadio
RATE, REVIEW & SUBSCRIBE HERE
“I love the SIMPLE brand With Matt Lyles podcast!” Does that sound like you? If so, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people (just like you!) create simple experiences for their customers and for their team members.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, go ahead and subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed you’ll likely miss out on them.
Are you signed up to get notified on new posts and podcast episodes?
You'll never miss another idea from Matt.
You hate SPAM, right? Us too! We'll never sell your information, for any reason.