SIMPLE brand #85 - Donna Cutting: Employees First! Rolling Out a Red Carpet Employee Experience
In this week’s episode of the SIMPLE brand podcast, I talk with Donna Cutting, author of Employees First!: Inspire, Engage, and Focus on the Heart of Your Organization!
Donna is the CEO of Red Carpet Learning. She helps brands create cultures of happy, engaged people who deliver exceptional customer service.
And she’s the bestselling author of three books devoted to delivering red carpet experiences including her latest - Employees First!: Inspire, Engage and Focus on the Heart of Your Organization.
Donna and I talk about how rolling out a red-carpet experience to your employees is just as important as the experience you deliver to your customers. And we talk about some of the key ways to ensure you’re attracting, onboarding, and retaining top talent - all based on the employee experience you deliver.
Some of the topics we discuss include:
- Organizational culture, employee experience, and customer experience must all work together
- If you want your employees to deliver a red carpet experience to your customers, you need to deliver it to them so they know what it looks and feels like
- Your goal should be for the customer to feel happier than before they interacted with you
- How leaders can instill a sense of purpose in their employees
- Today’s employees are looking for something that is bigger than themselves
- You can tap into your organization’s greater purpose no matter your industry or product
- How you can compensate your employees fairly without breaking the bank
- It’s valuable to listen to and collaborate with your employees to craft the employee experience
- The best ways to listen to your employees are literally getting into a room with them and talking
- The ideal way to attract new employees to come into your organization is by treating them like customers
- Onboarding new employees is a process that’s longer and more important than you think
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE:
ENJOY THIS EPISODE HERE
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Amazon
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Listen on Pandora
- Listen on iHeartRadio
RATE, REVIEW & SUBSCRIBE HERE
“I love the SIMPLE brand With Matt Lyles podcast!” Does that sound like you? If so, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people (just like you!) create simple experiences for their customers and for their team members.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, go ahead and subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed you’ll likely miss out on them.
Are you signed up to get notified on new posts and podcast episodes?
You'll never miss another idea from Matt.
You hate SPAM, right? Us too! We'll never sell your information, for any reason.